In obedience to God’s Word, by God’s grace, and by the power of the Holy Spirit, I agree to:
- Glorify Jesus Christ in my life through worship, obedience to His Word, service to others, spiritual growth, sharing the gospel, and by living a life that honors Christ. (Romans 12:1-2; Colossians 3:23-24)
- Share in the responsibility of my church by giving regularly, praying for its growth, inviting the unchurched, warmly welcoming guests, and seeking to make Christ known both locally and globally. (2 Corinthians 9:6-8; Colossians 4:2-6)
- Protect the unity of my church by acting in love towards others, refusing to gossip, encouraging others to grow in their faith, reconciling differences in a Biblical manner, and by living in a way that does not bring discredit to the gospel. (Acts 2:44-47; Ephesians 4:3)
- Support the ministry of my church by discovering my gifts, developing a servant’s heart, and finding a place to serve. (1 Corinthians 12:4-20; Ephesians 4:11-13; John 13:12-15)
- Support the testimony of my church by attending faithfully unless providentially hindered, living a godly life, not teaching doctrine contrary to Metro Baptist Church’s beliefs, and by knowing and praying for the leadership. (Hebrews 10:24-25; Romans 16:17-18; 1 Timothy 5:17-18)
- I understand that if I relocate and am unable to attend Metro Baptist Church, I will inform them of my move and find another Bible-believing church to unite with in faith, service, and life.
Click here to affirm Metro Baptist Church’s Partnership Agreement and my membership at Metro Baptist Church